Includes two profiles: Ost. Ugak--Ostrova Kad'iaka Mys Tolstoi M. Chiniatskoi. From the atlas "Sobranie kart i risunkov prinadlezhashchikh k puteshestviie flota kapitana 1go ranga i kavalera Iuriia Lisianskago na korablie Nevie" (St. Peterburg: ...
Relief shown by hachures; depths shown by soundings. Shows Port Chatham, Alaska. Plate 17 from Sarychev's Atlas sievernoi chasti Vostochnago Okeana. 1826. On verso: Plan vkhoda v Kriestovskuiu Gavan'. Reference: Falk 1826-29.
Relief shown by hachures; depths shown by soundings. Plate 16 from Sarychev's Atlas sievernoi chasti Vostochnago Okeana, 1826. Includes illustration of largest Russian American Company settlement on Kodiak Island. Inset: Plan Pavlovskoi Gavani...
Title from verso: "Lieut. P.R. Sarges [Garges?], V.H. Pierce w/pipe". Two men sit with their feet on a table or desk. The one at right holds a Calabash pipe. On the wall behind them hangs a calendar reading "Martin A. Pinska" at the top and...
Title taken from verso. Mrs. V. Johnson making flapjacks in kitchen at Platinum Roadhouse in Platinum, Alaska. Photo negative number 1450-90-13. 1950's? Photographer: Ward W. Wells. Original photograph size: 5" x 3 7/8".
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...