Series 1,2,3, and 4 were intended to portray Fairbanks waterfront as well as the entire town. This is the upper end, water flowing from left to right. Town extends a trifle above this; the river makes a sharp bend and flows right behind the three...
No. 4. There is a slight gap between this and No. 3. Besides place of exposure was changed with the result of throwing and of connection the near-by roofs. Residences, unpretentious mansions in logs extends for a considerable distance below this,...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
The collection includes images of a 2,500 mile inspection trip to northern and interior Alaska which Governor Parks, Malcolm Elliott (President of the Alaska Road Commission) and R.J. Sommers (Territorial highway engineer) took in 1928.
Title taken from verso. Verso: Main Street Todd Alaska. Note the four people- Three in sight one around the corner. See the box. See the wheelbarrow. See the two story skyscraper- store bldg and mess house. See the flag and electric wires. Note by...
This series of menus was used by the Alaska Steamship Company for a cruise up the Inside Passage. This one shows a two-color print of tourists on the streets of an Alaskan village, probably Sitka, beneath the mountains and a Russian church. They...