[cover missing; hand-numbered journal: 119 pages]
[handwritten list at front as follows:] 1. War story of the Kobuk river 2. Village story of the big lake 3. Village story of Anvik 4. Point Hope story 5. Thismareff...
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
Dzax Dina Xudhoy = Spruce-pitch man story : a traditional story told in Holikachuk Athabaskan / by Hannah Maillelle ; transcribed by Chad Thompson ; translated by Hannah Maillele, Alta Jerue, and Chad Thompson ; illustrated by...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
Two girls are crouched near the ground outside, where the snow is now gone. They are drawing in the dirt with story knives, made of wood or possibly bone. The pictures drawn could be part of a story, or part of a...
1 min, 12 sec, color with audio track, film clip of Jay Hammond relating a story to Red Boucher about the first time he flew into Talkeetna in 1946. He also states he told this story to a graduating class at Talkeetna's high school.
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
A white two story building in Noorvik has tall spruce trees beside it, a shed, and barrels stacked four high covered in snow. A ladder is leaning to the side of the arctic entryway, leading to a second story balcony....
This house belonged to Falcon Joslin and is located at 413 Cowles Street. It is two story house with a hip roof, a dormer, and a porch. A picket fence separates it from a wood sidewalk. On the porch are two men and a woman...
Title taken from creator's notes. Photograph of Cushman Street with the following caption: Rebuilt after the fire, the east side of Cushman between 1st and 2nd Streets now houses Pastime Ice Cream and Sandwiches and the Red Cross Drug store...
View across an unpaved street of a wooden two story commercial building in Fairbanks, Alaska. A boardwalk runs in front of the building. Signs on the street level of the building read (left to right): "Fairbanks Banking Co. Safe deposit vaults" and...