View from above. A large crowd of men who fill the street. A small girl in the center of the image. Sign on a building: Sheet Metal Works, Plumbing, Heating, Roofing, Oil burners, A.M. Geyer, Phone 145. Photographer's number 3.
A pamphlet, produced with the aid of Alaska Airlines, for the first flight from Alaska to Provideniya, Russia listing: Flight Schedule, Provideniya Itenerary, message from Governor Steve Cowper, development of the CAMAI project, and Provideniya...
Looking down on harbor with fishing boats. Cold storage building, and other buildings in background. Signs in image: Sheet Metal and Plumbing; Harbor Store Co.; Sitka Cold Storage, Ice, Bait, Fishermens Supplies.
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...
Mathematic map data: Scale ca. 1:12,672,000 Publication info: [Washington? D.C.] : U.S.C.S. Dept., 1880. Physical descrip: 1 map : col. ; on sheet 31 x 39 cm. General Note: "Entered according to act of Congress in the year...
U. S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE HENRY S. GRAVES, FORESTER TONGASS NATIONAL FOREST ALASKA U. S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE HENRY S. GRAVES, FORESTER TONGAS NATIONAL FOREST ...
The competition was open to Alaska schoolchildren between grades 7 and 12. Benson was a 13 year old student at the Jessie Lee Mission Home in Seward. The competition was organized by the American Legion, who collected a total of 142 entries from...