View of Warner homestead, probably in Matanuska Valley, Alaska. From verso: "Dear Peterson: There are some snaps of Warner homestead. I'd appreciate it if you'd send the one of the house and children to Mrs. Warner. Thanks for your note and the...
Portrait of O.C. Nerby looking out a broken pane of glass in a window at Ft. Davis near Nome, Alaska. The photograph was mounted on postcard stock. From verso: "Ole Kristian Nerby--Army in Nome 1917-1918. Please enlarge this to suit and send me a...
Title from caption accompanying photograph Partial caption: "I [David Brower] am buying fur and whaling in the spring at the same time I buy the furs and send them to H. Lubes and Co. in San Francisco."
Written on mat around photograph: This chief gave me all the knowledge he had of the country all that he had from his for fathers. he welcomed all white men one time that was all. He always speek Welcome to me. would give me a good meal white...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5 (January 1918): “The Adventures...
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men were happened...