The label reads: This Chilkat blanket is presented to the United States Office of Indian Affairs at Juneau, Alaska, in appreciation of the assistance rendered(?) to the people of Klukwan in representing them in the matter of a highway right-of way...
People streaming down the dock toward a passenger vessel. Two ladies in hats, in foreground. Men lounge in front of Sample Room. Four large kegs are on the porch. Business in image: Haines Sample Room. Verso: before 1900.
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...