Verso: The man on the left is Christian Henrik Buschmann, P.T. Buschmann's oldest son and first superintendent at Petersburg cannery about 1898 or 1899. In the middle is Arne Thormodsater, storekeeper; and at right is Ludvig Larson, bookkeeper....
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
Contents: A [skookum] paper for Shaikes [Shakes], the Stickeen Chief, with comment on his character. Letter by Ed C. Hughes, purser, SS California, 1879 Dec. 28. Letter from I.S. Oakford, deputy collector of customs, Wrangell, Oct....