(3:16 min) (03 of 17) Army, teaching and Fish & Game Trained in Sta. Maria California (Moffitt Field) finished in 1942. James C. Ryan old instructor talked about jobs. Got out of Army during WWII to teach school, took Gov. Gruening and Rep....
(3:26 min.) (02 of 27) Family history: Father
Father from Norway at 10 years old. 1896 came to Alaska for the Hope/Sunrise gold rush. Father carried mail from Seward to Matanuska Valley. Father wouldn't eat Hooligan. Ran a transport boat...
(9:55 Min.) (01 of 09)
Barging on the river
barging; river history; summer -- Galena; hauling 140 ton loads; river trips; whole life on river; Holy Cross; freight; Nenana; Yukon; million gallon barge; Nenana; Fairbanks; Core of Engineers; Chena...
(L. to r.): Cora Ungarook (15 or 16 years old, Spriggs married Cora and Andy Ungarook in 1908), Mary Ahkivgak (Otis Ahkivgak's wife), Alice Ahmaogak (Roy Ahmaogak's first wife). The girls wear dresses and hair ribbons typical of this time. Dresses...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5 (January 1918): “The Adventures...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
Proceedings of the Commission's overview roundtable discussions held in Anchorage, Alaska, February 27-March 16, 1984 and issue specific roundtables held Oct. 1984 to March 1985.
v. 1-3. The spirit of ANCSA
v. 4-5. ANCSA...
Index for Alaska Native Review Commission Transcript of Proceedings. This index covers the Round Table discussions and Village Hearings. The Round Table Discussions, held in Anchorage Alaska from February 27 through March 16, 1984, consist of...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian man
9. The making of...
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling