August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
The first laws for the Harris Mining District (Juneau) were drawn up by Richard T. Harris on October 4, 1880, shortly after he and Joe Juneau made their initial discovery of gold. This set of laws was superceded by another code which was adopted...
Congress was almost totally ignorant of Alaska, many suspected that the purchase was a bad bargain, and the only interest revolved around fur sealing. Therefore, many Congressmen were reluctant to pass Alaska...