1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
Verso: Our main cache or storehouse at Dutney Lake built of logs split in two with the whip-saw smooth side on the inside, sets on posts 7ft. high to preven bear, wolverine, and field mice from getting in and destroying the provisions, when we...
Copy 2: “Fisherman feeding the Eagles,” grave house and totem at cemetery south of Wrangall. George Blake of Wrangell told me this grave totem – Chas. Jones, father – in – law of Louis Paul and Shakes, put it up in honor of Ductan, who...
Photograph album of Frank A. Lochow. Photos include scenes, places, family and friends, and commercial photo postcards from 1906 to about 1920. Subjects include: Alaska; Washington State; motorcycles; Juneau’s Heaps; Taku Glacier;...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
Title taken from image. Chilkat Indians gathering for Potlatch Dance, Alaska. Group in ceremonial dress with a bear hide, front center, natural wood community house in background. Photographer's number 226 .