Photograph album of Frank A. Lochow. Photos include scenes, places, family and friends, and commercial photo postcards from 1906 to about 1920. Subjects include: Alaska; Washington State; motorcycles; Juneau’s Heaps; Taku Glacier;...
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
White marble bear sculpture on a stone base; [made for the Grave of Jim K--------. The orthodox priest refused to allow it in the cemetery, and so it was placed in front of his clan house, Gaayeis’ Hít (Iron House) of the Chookaneidí; the...
The competition was open to Alaska schoolchildren between grades 7 and 12. Benson was a 13 year old student at the Jessie Lee Mission Home in Seward. The competition was organized by the American Legion, who collected a total of 142 entries from...