Title taken from front. View of turbo generator used to generate power in coal washing plant, Sutton, Alaska. Also from front: "A.E.C. G1973." An Alaska Engineering Commission photo. Photographer's number G1973. May 6, 1922. Photographer: H.G.K....
Title taken from front. View of railroad locomotive at gravel pit on Tanana Valley Railway near Fairbanks, Alaska, with men and horses in background. An Alaska Engineering Commission photo. Photographer's number 95. Oct. 13, 1917. Photographer:...
Title taken from front. View of Tanana Valley Railway cars loaded with gravel at gravel pit near Fairbanks, Alaska, with men and horses in background. An Alaska Engineering Commission photo. Photographer's number 96. Oct. 13, 1917. Photographer:...
Original 1846 edition of the fundemental work on the Aleut language, the Eastern (Fox Island) dialect.
Published in 1846 in St. Petersburg, Russia by the Imperial Academy of Sciences. Physical description: 237p. File type: PDF 44.44MB
From verso: Col. Castner, commander of the Alaskan G-2 Combat Scouts, in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. . . Their mission was to wipe out any Japanese outpost and to give the signal to the force for entry into Adak Harbor.
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[cover missing; hand-numbered journal: 119 pages]
[handwritten list at front as follows:] 1. War story of the Kobuk river 2. Village story of the big lake 3. Village story of Anvik 4. Point Hope story 5. Thismareff...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...