St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
Title taken from label on matting. View of sled dog (cross between Alaskan Malamute and Siberian Husky) chained to tree in Mount McKinley National Park (later Denali National Park and Preserve), Alaska. Photographer's number 8130. Sept. 1938....
45-second, B&W/silent film clip. Slim Williams removes porcupine quills from "Blizzard", his Siberian Husky. Williams removes quills from Blizzard's muzzle by hand and with pliers, then pets the reclining animal.
Reindeer meat drying at Gambel, Alaska, St. Lawrence Island. Visible behind the meat rack are two buildings one of which is eight sided and reminiscent of Siberian tents (yurts) and Russian forts (Redoubts).
Title from album caption. Starting line of sled dog race on the Chena River. Spectators stand next to the bridge near Samson Hardware in Fairbanks. According to the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner of March 12, 1931, the Julian Hurley team was driven...
Title from album caption. Starting line of a sled dog race on the Chena River. Spectators stand by the bridge near Samson Hardware in Fairbanks. According to the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner of March 12, 1931, the Julian Hurley team was driven by...
Title taken from front. Color view of Fox Maule Ramsay and his Siberian Husky dog team, winners of second prize in third annual All Alaska Sweepstakes, Nome, Alaska. Property of Cook Inlet Historical Society. Photographer's number 848. 1910....
Title taken from verso. Lloyd Oovi with floats (pokes) made from seals slung over his shoulder at Gambell, St. Lawrence Island, Alaska, with people in background. From information with photograph: "Eskimo man with two seal floats over his...
Title taken from front. Leonhard Seppala with his dog team of Siberian huskies and sled. Also from front: "Winners, Eighth and Ninth All Alaska Sweepstakes, Nome, Alaska, 1915 and 1916. "Ruby Derby", Ruby, Alaska, 1916." 1916. Photographer: Lomen...