[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...
Remainder of title: and recommending an appropriation for the payment for the territory ceded to the United States, and legislation for the occupation and government of the same. At head of title: 40th Congress, 1st session. Senate. Ex.Doc....
Slavery was an accepted custom in many Native tribes. On May 8, 1886, District Judge Layfayette Dawson in Sitka decided that the Thirteenth Amendment and the 1866 Civil Rights Act abolishing slavery applied to the "uncivilized tribes" of Alaska. ...