Compilation - Sketch of the rivers discharging into the estuaries of Bristol Bay, from Nushagak Bay to Togiak Bay, with particular reference to the lake sources of the Nushagak (Illyagiak), Wood (Aleknagik), Snake (Dreniak), and Egushak Rivers....
This Sketch shows the locations of the Salmon Streams and Lakes examined , in 1897 and 1901, by the Officers of the U.S.F.C. Str "Albatross" under the direction of Commander Jefferson F. Moser, U.S. Navy commander "Albatross." Eyak, Billy's...
Title taken from image. Formal portrait; children on floor in front, women mostly seated, men standing. Some of the men are in military uniform. U.S. and Canadian flags are displayed, along with unusual 13 star flags. Sign in image: No Boundary...
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...