Two letters from George to Ila and her family describe life in Juneau in the mid-1930’s. Includes a poignant account of the landslide in downtown Juneau, November 1936 in which 15 people died and mud was 20 feet high on Franklin Street,...
Slide descriptions: 1 [Map of Alaska with Pt. Hope marked by an arrow]
2 Nov 1960 Ogoturuk[?] on coast 30 mi. SE of Pt. Hope
3 Pt. Hope from air 11/1960
4 Pt. Hope spring 1961
5 [View of ice and coast from air, part of...
The Paul Silook collection includes six journals, two inserts from journal six, and four letters written by Paul Silook to Frederick Zeusler. This collection is organized into two series. Series one consists of four letters written by Paul Silook...
2. Hillery McKenna
3. Wren Girl (crossed out)
4. John Meyers
5. Geo Nelson
1. Lucile Fox
2. Alice King
3. Henrietta Heid
4. Celia Tibbits
5. Hilda Lillestrand
6. B. Mullea
7. B. Olds
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
Verso: Wedding party - John Brynteson (seated in lg chair) - (3 Lucky Swedes, Nome) Accompanying letter: Enclosed in a negative and print of the wedding party of John Brynteson, one of the "3 Lucky Swedes" of Nome fame. The marriage (1902)...
The collection includes Southeast Alaska, the Sitka mission school and students. Locations are, primarily, Juneau and Sitka, views by Moosbauer, Reuben Albertstone, F. Jay Haynes and Y. Eaton of Native Photo. The photographs were taken primarily...
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...