01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
2 maps on one sheet. Components: The Aral Sea according to Khanikoff -- Kamchatka according to A. Erman. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. No. 8 from Fullarton's Royal Illustrated Atlas of Modern Geography. Includes seven illustrations...
41 second, color/silent, film clip of Eskimo dancing at Kotzebue. Children watch from the background. Further information was supplied by George Taylor at the Alaska Federation of Natives (AFN) Convention held at the Carlson Center in Fairbanks,...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
"An unusual record of achievement has been established by eight native Alaskans, who were graduated August 10 by the RCA Institutes in New York. Members of a pilot group, sponsored by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, they scored a notable success in...
A man is carrying (transporting) a canoe on his head, using one hand to balance the canoe, while the other hand is holding a canister or perhaps a gas can. The man is walking along a field of tall grass or possibly some type of grain. In the...
A pamphlet, produced with the aid of Alaska Airlines, for the first flight from Alaska to Provideniya, Russia listing: Flight Schedule, Provideniya Itenerary, message from Governor Steve Cowper, development of the CAMAI project, and Provideniya...
A woman carrying a child on her back. The inscription "Chief David" is written on a plank above the entrance of the log house. She is dressed in a checkered dress, a short cloak and knee high boots. Her hair is pulled back; she is smiling as though...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
Bob McFarland, president of the Alaska Territorial Federation of Labor, standing at a lectern at the 12th Annual Convention in Ketchikan, 1956. Seated beside him is Cledamae Seaman, the executive secretary. Verso (left to right): "Cledamae...
Children dressed in fur coats with hoods and scarfs. The child on the left is also wearing a sash across her chest, perhaps a baby belt in which she is carrying a doll or small child. The children are standing in front of stacked firewood. Log...