Title taken from verso. View of the audience attending the Bureau of Land Management Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (BLM ANCSA) hearing in the Alaska Native Brotherhood Hall (ANB) on Willoughby St, Juneau, on April 10, 1975. Original...
Exterior shot of the Alaska Native Brotherhood Hall on Willoughby Street, Juneau. The Bureau of Land Management Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (BLM ANCSA) hearings were held here on April 10, 1975. Sign outside building reads "BLM Public...
Exterior of the Alaska Native Brotherhood hall in Sitka. Bureau of Land Management Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (BLM ANCSA) hearings were held here on April 11, 1975. Sign outside building reads "BLM Public Hearing 9am". A second sign...
Bureau of Land Management Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (BLM ANCSA) hearings taking place in the Alaska Native Brotherhood hall in Juneau, April 10, 1975. Members of the public in the foreground. At the top table, from left to right (from...
Bureau of Land Management Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (BLM ANCSA) hearings taking place in the Alaska Native Brotherhood Hall, Sitka, April 11, 1975. Members of the public in the foreground. Left to right on stage (from verso): Neil R....
This is a mixed collection documenting the growing relations between Alaska and Russia. The Siberia-Alaska cultural exchanges were made possible through the efforts of Dixie Belcher, other members of the Alaskan Performing Artists for Peace...
Video 1 is a documentary following the journey of 12 Yup'ik people from St. Lawrence Island (Gambell) to visit relatives and other Yup'ik people and communities in Soviet Siberia in 1988. Unlike the friendship flights that were occurring around...
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
Proceedings of the Commission's overview roundtable discussions held in Anchorage, Alaska, February 27-March 16, 1984 and issue specific roundtables held Oct. 1984 to March 1985.
v. 1-3. The spirit of ANCSA
v. 4-5. ANCSA...
Index for Alaska Native Review Commission Transcript of Proceedings. This index covers the Round Table discussions and Village Hearings. The Round Table Discussions, held in Anchorage Alaska from February 27 through March 16, 1984, consist of...