Captain Lockert collected photographs and papers during the years he served the Alaska Marine Highway System, continuing his interest in Alaska maritime affairs until his death in 1990. The papers are mostly 12 scrapbooks from 1964-1978 and one box...
Slide descriptions: 1 [Map of Alaska with Pt. Hope marked by an arrow]
2 Nov 1960 Ogoturuk[?] on coast 30 mi. SE of Pt. Hope
3 Pt. Hope from air 11/1960
4 Pt. Hope spring 1961
5 [View of ice and coast from air, part of...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
Title from image. Alaska Electric Light and Power Company (AEL&P), Juneau, acquired the Alaska - Juneau Gold Mining Company properties, including their photographs of the mining operation, construction of Salmon Creek Dam, etc.