This collection consists of twenty 35 mm color slides of pipeline construction, possibly out of the 5 Mile Camp. The images were taken in the summer of 1977 by Bill Lathan, a surveyor for Arctic Surveying. Images include views of the compressor...
The photographs primarily relate to Valdez and the Copper River country during the period 1899-1905. Included are photographs of towns, buildings, camps, social events, mining, packing supplies and equipment, people, and scenery. Some photographs...
The photographs primarily relate to Valdez and the Copper River country during the period 1899-1905. Included are photographs of towns, buildings, camps, social events, mining, packing supplies and equipment, people, and scenery.
(3:36 min.) (08 of 08) 8. Off-shore oil development Clem has no problem with development of Cook Inlet since there is large amount of water movement to keep it clean. Bottom fishery looks good for growth. [tape ends abruptly]
(4:41 min.) (08 of 28) 8. Getting to Africa The ship shuddered, then listed and water came in the portholes. They had run into a submarine [u-boat]tender. The Santa Paula was eventually sunk by submarines.
1-14 Accordion style color postcard images with hand-written notes, Voyage between Seattle and Seward.
1. Spencer Glacier Near Seward.
2. Anchorage 3. Curry Hotel. Hand-written note: “Gov’t owned & stop at Kite as trains have no...
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
[cover missing; hand-numbered journal: 119 pages]
[handwritten list at front as follows:] 1. War story of the Kobuk river 2. Village story of the big lake 3. Village story of Anvik 4. Point Hope story 5. Thismareff...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian man
9. The making of...
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling
Accession Number: 98-1 Model: 4.2" Dahlgren projectile Descriptive Narrative: Explosive shell casing made of a steel (rusted); approx. 4" in diameter and 8.25" from end to end. One end is rounded, the other tapering. The rounded end has...
Aerial view of building damaged by fire at Trans-Alaska Pipeline Pump Station 8, south of Fairbanks in Interior Alaska. Men and vehicles are in foreground and antenna stands at right. From verso: "Pump Sta[tion] 8." July 8, 1977. Photographer:...
Aerial view of damage from July 8, 1977 fire at Trans-Alaska Pipeline Pump Station 8 south of Fairbanks in Interior Alaska. From verso: "Pump Sta[tion] 8." July 8, 1977. Photographer: Steve McCutcheon. Original photograph size: 8" x 10".