The photographs primarily relate to Valdez and the Copper River country during the period 1899-1905. Included are photographs of towns, buildings, camps, social events, mining, packing supplies and equipment, people, and scenery. Some photographs...
The photographs primarily relate to Valdez and the Copper River country during the period 1899-1905. Included are photographs of towns, buildings, camps, social events, mining, packing supplies and equipment, people, and scenery.
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men were happened...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
Proceedings of the Commission's overview roundtable discussions held in Anchorage, Alaska, February 27-March 16, 1984 and issue specific roundtables held Oct. 1984 to March 1985.
v. 1-3. The spirit of ANCSA
v. 4-5. ANCSA...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...
62 second film clip, color with audio track narration Clip shows the harvesting ice from lakes near Barrow, Alaska. Narration describes the harvesting, processing and use of ice for drinking water and other domestic purposes.
62 second, black & white/silent film clip, of the business district in Palmer, Alaska. Shown in this film clip are Sally's Cafe, Koslosky's General Store, Valley City Cafe, the post office and barbershop. A man pumps gasoline into an...
62 second, black & white/silent, film clip of passengers lifted onto a barge by a crane and then barged to a passenger ship off Nome, Alaska. A small boat can be seen tied to a pier and the steamship in the distance.
62 second, color and black and white, silent film clip. Sequence shows people at the crash site of a Star Airlines Bellanca aircraft. The passengers and crew build a fire and at the end of the clip dog teams arrive.