The photographs primarily relate to Valdez and the Copper River country during the period 1899-1905. Included are photographs of towns, buildings, camps, social events, mining, packing supplies and equipment, people, and scenery.
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men were happened...
(5:54 min.) (16 of 24) 16 Passengers Dropped off Father Hubbard and his assistant, Sam Levenson [?] (later mayor of Irvine, CA). They climbed Mt. Katmai. Engine room boy served as alter boy. John Ford rode the ship; he was a good enough...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
08 Continue into Alaska (4:54 min.) (08 of 09)
Got some bad gas in Northway and had to drain the tanks. Finally made it into Nome, but it took two weeks. Joe Barber's plane was found a month later, and they found a trappers cabin with some...
Proceedings of the Commission's overview roundtable discussions held in Anchorage, Alaska, February 27-March 16, 1984 and issue specific roundtables held Oct. 1984 to March 1985.
v. 1-3. The spirit of ANCSA
v. 4-5. ANCSA...
1 map : hand colored ; 28 x 37.7 cm, on sheet 43.8 x 54.3 cm. Scale approximately 29,000,000 (W 180°--E 180°/N 90°--N 40°). Relief shown by hachures. The prime meridian for this map is the Ferro Meridian ("Erster Meridian 20°...
Index for Alaska Native Review Commission Transcript of Proceedings. This index covers the Round Table discussions and Village Hearings. The Round Table Discussions, held in Anchorage Alaska from February 27 through March 16, 1984, consist of...
2 min, 54 sec film clip, color/sound. Title frame identifies clip as color/silent. Senator Ted Stevens discusses an amendment proposed by Sen. Paul Tsongas to the Alaska Lands Act, particularly, its effect on mining operations and...