The photographs primarily relate to Valdez and the Copper River country during the period 1899-1905. Included are photographs of towns, buildings, camps, social events, mining, packing supplies and equipment, people, and scenery.
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling
(2:49 min.) (11 of 20) How train/ship developed--Mr. Skinner--first container shipping industry in the world--Too expensive for American flagged ships--City of New Orleans (Ship) Renamed Alaska (Ship)--denied American registry--Clair Engle...
(4:49 min.) (02 of 09) 2. Important issues. Les was interested in statehood and getting a fair share for Alaska; he was less interested in specific issues. Proponents of statehood wanted to get out from control of the Department of the...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
Proceedings of the Commission's overview roundtable discussions held in Anchorage, Alaska, February 27-March 16, 1984 and issue specific roundtables held Oct. 1984 to March 1985.
v. 1-3. The spirit of ANCSA
v. 4-5. ANCSA...
1 map : color ; 42.6 x 34.4 cm, on sheet 49 x 39 cm. Scale approximately 1:12,700,000 (W 170°--W 30°/N 80°--N 5°). Relief shown by hachures. Includes the following bar scales: "Svenska mil" and "Tyska mil." Includes index of...
30 second excerpt shows men catching salmon from a pier adjacent to unidentified buildings on the Ketchikan waterfront. Man hauls in fish on line; a second man clubs the salmon on the pier deck. This excerpt is from an original motion picture...
30 second excerpt shows the roadhouse built, owned and operated by Italian immigrant Maurice Morino (1870-1937) at McKinley Park (later called Denali National Park and Preserve); the backside of the entrance sign to McKinley Park; the McKinley Park...
49 second film clip, black & white with audio. The clip shows scenes of damage from the 1964 earthquake and the resulting tsunami. The audio track describes the tsunami and experiences of survivors. This is an excerpt from the film "The Great...