This collection consists of twenty 35 mm color slides of pipeline construction, possibly out of the 5 Mile Camp. The images were taken in the summer of 1977 by Bill Lathan, a surveyor for Arctic Surveying. Images include views of the compressor...
The photographs primarily relate to Valdez and the Copper River country during the period 1899-1905. Included are photographs of towns, buildings, camps, social events, mining, packing supplies and equipment, people, and scenery.
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.