1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[cover missing; hand-numbered journal: 119 pages]
[handwritten list at front as follows:] 1. War story of the Kobuk river 2. Village story of the big lake 3. Village story of Anvik 4. Point Hope story 5. Thismareff...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
A group of men stand at the front entry way to the Lindsay Hotel, Porcupine, Alaska. From verso: "Log portion built first. Later when sawmill was in business, the addition was added, therefore I feel log portion probably built in 1900. Hotel...
A view of the town of Porcupine in 1901. A group of people stand on the front steps of the Lindsay Hotel, the three-story building on the right hand side of the street. From the caption: "Porcupine City, Alaska. Blankenberg Photo." From verso:...
An interior view of the Lindsay Hotel, Porcupine, Alaska. Two women sit in chairs in the sitting room of the hotel. From front of image: "Blankenberg Photo." From verso: "Dr. Fraser & Irene - Dr. Fraser lived in Pleasant Camp, B. C. 12 miles from...
An older woman, left, holds a bouquet of flowers and a young man, right, sits on the steps of the woman's home in Sitka, Alaska. From verso: "Mrs. Bishop Ro[illegible] at home in Sitka, Alaska, Sept. 22, 1901 +a nephew ____ K[illegible] - whom I...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...