1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5 (January 1918): “The Adventures...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian man
9. The making of...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men were happened...
Mathematic map data: Scale ca. 1:19,000,000. Publication info: New York : J.H. Colton & Co., 1855. Physical description: 1 map : col. ; 30 x 39 cm. General Note: "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855, by J.H....
The collection includes images of a 2,500 mile inspection trip to northern and interior Alaska which Governor Parks, Malcolm Elliott (President of the Alaska Road Commission) and R.J. Sommers (Territorial highway engineer) took in 1928.