[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
1. [6 double-sided, handwritten sheets with two stories; one sheet of typescript with name “Chas menadelook” at end]
a. Story of the Crow and the mink [tul-uak tayapakak
b. The boy and his grandmother
c. The way of...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
Title taken from caption. "Peninsular Trading & Fishing Co's. mess house, [Kayak] Island." [See note in UAF-1959-866-46 about location.] Caption in album reads: "35 mm neg. 75-747". 5 x 8 cyanotype (blue) print.
Cyanotype photograph of people gathering on a beach, possibly on Cook Inlet, in 1898. Fish are visible near the center of the photograph, and several logs are fashioned together around the group. Photograph taken during the 1898 Cook's Inlet...
Title taken from caption. "9198 -- (22) The city of 'Sheep Camp' was the metropolis of the Dyea trail. Those who have never visited a booming frontier mining camp will find it difficult to appreciate the rapidity with which such camps acquire a...
Title taken from caption. Photographer's number: 2009. Mining operations in Atlin, British Columbia. A sluice box crosses the creek. Several men appear in the image: one digging at the front, two near the water wheel on the near side of the creek,...