32 second, black & white/silent, film clip of loading baggage on a steamer bound for the Klondike. A crowd of people are watching the hoist lift the luggage from the dock to the ship. Horses are pulling a "Rainier Grand Hotel" trolley or...
Title from caption The caption is only partially legible and it is assumed the river they were crossing was the Tanana. People and horses are on the frozen Tanana River. The photograph has an inscription that reads, "Photo by Johnson." The...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[cover missing; hand-numbered journal: 119 pages]
[handwritten list at front as follows:] 1. War story of the Kobuk river 2. Village story of the big lake 3. Village story of Anvik 4. Point Hope story 5. Thismareff...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
"Title taken from caption. "9256 -- (14) There were a goodly number of robust young fellows who undertook this journey to and through the valley of the Yukon in search of the royal metal fully prepared to overcome all difficulties and to get...
A man sits for a photograph in front of a wooden building in southcentral Alaska. He is wearing a hat, neckware and a vest, and has a beard. Photograph taken during the 1898 Edwin F. Glenn Cook Inlet U.S. Army Expedition. Cyanotype.
A man stands behind a large pile of snow in a clearing in southcentral Alaska. A tent stands to the right, and tree stumps are scattered in the foreground. Photograph taken during the 1898 Edwin F. Glenn Cook Inlet U.S. Army Expedition. Cyanotype.