[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5 (January 1918): “The Adventures...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian man
9. The making of...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men were happened...
The entire collection contains reports, correspondence, pamphlets, and administrative records received from the agricultural stations at Matanuska, Fairbanks, and Petersburg. The papers address such topics as environmental data, Alaskan flora,...
(4:20 min) (18 of 24) 18 Strikes and Seattle in the 1930's
Smith Towers. Strikes caused lots of problems with tourists; they only had limited time and couldn't afford the time loss. The Steward and the Purser would have to work things out...
Atlas of award: twenty-five sectional maps and index map showing the line fixed by the Tribunal, by the Alaskan Boundary Tribunal, and published by the United States Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., 1904.
Title taken from label on front. Winter view of Alaska Engineering Commission railroad construction site at mile 321 where overflow was caused during blasting in Interior Alaska, with Panorama Mountain in right background. Also from label: "T 213."...
Title taken from front. Men examining results of snowslide at Alaska Engineering Commission railroad construction station 1627 along Turnagain Arm, Alaska, where avalanche has filled construction crew's 16 foot cut in rock with snow, rocks, and...
Title taken from front. View of steamship Admiral Watson unloading freight and passengers at new dock on Knik Arm in Anchorage, Alaska, with pile driver in background and railroad locomotive and freight car on tracks. Also from front: "A.E.C....
Railroad construction crew employed by the Alaska Engineering Commission railroad working with horse a harnessed to small railroad cart at mile 334 of the Alaska Railroad, between Curry and Healy, Alaska. From verso:...