Slide descriptions: 1 [Map of Alaska with Pt. Hope marked by an arrow]
2 Nov 1960 Ogoturuk[?] on coast 30 mi. SE of Pt. Hope
3 Pt. Hope from air 11/1960
4 Pt. Hope spring 1961
5 [View of ice and coast from air, part of...
Pub. at Port Clarence, R.A. and Plover bay, E.S. by John J. Harrington. [San Francisco, Turnbull & Smith, printers, 1867] 1 v. 30 cm. "The first newspaper ever published in ... Alaska."--Introd. Vol. 1 (Oct. 14, 1866-Sept. 1,...
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
[cover missing; hand-numbered journal: 119 pages]
[handwritten list at front as follows:] 1. War story of the Kobuk river 2. Village story of the big lake 3. Village story of Anvik 4. Point Hope story 5. Thismareff...
U.S. Commission of Fish & Fisheries; Marshall McDonald, Commissioner.
From a reconnaissance made in June 1890 by the Officers of the U.S. Fish Commission Steamer “Albatross” Lieut. Commander Z.L. Tanner, U.S. Navy Cord’n. Astronomical...
1-14 Accordion style color postcard images with hand-written notes, Voyage between Seattle and Seward.
1. Spencer Glacier Near Seward.
2. Anchorage 3. Curry Hotel. Hand-written note: “Gov’t owned & stop at Kite as trains have no...
The collection includes Southeast Alaska, the Sitka mission school and students. Locations are, primarily, Juneau and Sitka, views by Moosbauer, Reuben Albertstone, F. Jay Haynes and Y. Eaton of Native Photo. The photographs were taken primarily...
Article describes the events of February 5, 1945; debate on the floor of the Alaska Territorial Senate regarding the "Equal rights" bill, House bill 14. Roy and Elizabeth Peratrovich testify about conditions in Alaska, along with statements from...
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...