This collection consists of twenty 35 mm color slides of pipeline construction, possibly out of the 5 Mile Camp. The images were taken in the summer of 1977 by Bill Lathan, a surveyor for Arctic Surveying. Images include views of the compressor...
(3:28 min.) (13 of 28) 13. Whitehorse and Fairbanks
George stayed awhile in Seattle and saw Boeing in full wartime production. Eighteen to twenty B-17's a day were produced. He went to Whitehorse, YT. Bill Lavery was a pilot for Morrison...
1-14 Accordion style color postcard images with hand-written notes, Voyage between Seattle and Seward.
1. Spencer Glacier Near Seward.
2. Anchorage 3. Curry Hotel. Hand-written note: “Gov’t owned & stop at Kite as trains have no...
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[cover missing; hand-numbered journal: 119 pages]
[handwritten list at front as follows:] 1. War story of the Kobuk river 2. Village story of the big lake 3. Village story of Anvik 4. Point Hope story 5. Thismareff...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[hand-numbered: 116 p.; as listed in front of book with exception of bracketed title that is in book , but not listed in front]
1. War story between Council & S. Michael people
2. Story of Atrovik
3. Island Story
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
DeArmond, Dale (artist). Size: 13.5 x 11 in. Medium: Color lithograph on paper Hand signed and numbered, 83/100. It was confirmed with the faculty at UAF art department that this print is a actually a color lithograph on paper.
Front Row - sitting - left to right
1. J. Paul Huff, CSK, Chicago, Illinois
2. Abraham Angel, CSK--Huntington, W Va.
3; John Thomas Scott, CSK, Sitka, Alaska
4. E. E. Tucker, Lt.(jg) SC, San Diego, Calif.
5. R. G. Culbertson,...