View of Skagway on September 7, 1903. Trains, railroad tracks, and a locomotive are clearly visible. Note on the photograph reads, "C.LA. Sept. 7, 03." According to photograph ASL-P277-001-005, the large multistory...
Title from caption. Caption reads, "Anna Ruhl's Road House - Deering, Alaska. September 25th 03." There are two signs on the forward end of the building(right): one reads "Restaurant"; the other, "Bunk Room." The creator's mark reads...
Title from caption. Caption reads "U.S. Jail - Candle City, Alaska. Sept. 30th '03." The creator's mark reads "Nowell 147." Three men, one dressed in a fur parka, stand outside of the Candle City, Alaska, jail. The sign on the front of...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
Title from caption. "'S.S. Saidie' loading the 'John Reilly' for Kobuk Sept 29th '03." The creator's mark reads "Nowell 112." The ship on the left is marked "John Reilly [San Francisco] on the aft deck. This was probably taken in Kotzebue...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...