Title from verso John Kill’s Meat Market at Nome, Alaska; cattle were driven overland 1000 miles, Skagway to Nome by trail, pulling sleds and packing supplies, which were sold at Nome Meat hangs from walls, and vegetables are arranged in...
Tthedinhonh sughiliq = The poor orphan : a traditional story told in Holikachuk Athabaskan / Bertha Rock ; transcribed by Eliza Jones and Chad Thompson ; translated by Bertha Rock, Eliza Jones, Lena Demientieff, and Chad...
Full title: Sulpik = The adventures of Sulpik / Sivuqaghmiitlu, Sivungaghmiitlu apeghtughistengita ulimaaghat = by St. Lawrence Island Bilingual Staff ; [illustrations by Alvin Aningayou].
Adventures of Sulpik...
Dr. Kate R. Gompertz as a young college student. [with] Ruth Gompertz Watson aged 3, entrance to company store. Coaster made by roustabout, solid copper wheels, year 1902. [Also in the picture is a small Indian boy]
Written on mat around photograph: This chief gave me all the knowledge he had of the country all that he had from his for fathers. he welcomed all white men one time that was all. He always speek Welcome to me. would give me a good meal white...
Boy went forward in dark with rifle to shoot at ducks. Stumbled – fell, rifle kicked out, went off – bullet hit dynamite, started forward on deck. And – it went off – boat on fire – started[?] for shore, beckoned – [?] and sank –...
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5...