August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5 (January 1918): “The Adventures...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian man
9. The making of...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s boat in whaling
St. Lawrence Island [n.d.] [112 p. est.]
1. A Race by a reindeer and a fish
2. A Blind orphan (told by Kaelak)
3. A Blind orphan or How the white whales were happened by Ozuk, but he died a couple of years ago
4. How the deer men were happened...
Designed to overcome the 30-foot tides, crushing ice, and strong currents of Alaska's Cook Inlet, this "monopod" drilling rig owned by Marathon Oil Company and Union Oil Company of California is positioned over the partner's discovery well at the...
The collection includes images of a 2,500 mile inspection trip to northern and interior Alaska which Governor Parks, Malcolm Elliott (President of the Alaska Road Commission) and R.J. Sommers (Territorial highway engineer) took in 1928.
Title and description taken from verso. These people were all participants in a large potlatch that was held in Sitka in December of 1904. They are wearing a variety of ceremonial clothing for the occasion, including: hats trimmed with beads,...
Attached: Andrew Ningealook, President of the Ki-Kat-Ta-Muet Cooperative at Shismaref, an Eskimo community located on the Seward Peninsula, shows how he carves ivory at the 3rd annual Cooperative Crafts Exhibit - an October Co-op Month event held...
Title from image. Above dotten line: Height of dam. Photographer's number A.32. Alaska Electric Light and Power Company (AEL&P), Juneau, acquired the Alaska - Juneau Gold Mining Company properties, including their photographs of the...
Photographer's number C.32. Alaska Electric Light and Power Company (AEL&P), Juneau, acquired the Alaska - Juneau Gold Mining Company properties, including their photographs of the mining operation, construction of Salmon Creek Dam, etc.
Front Row - sitting - left to right
1. J. Paul Huff, CSK, Chicago, Illinois
2. Abraham Angel, CSK--Huntington, W Va.
3; John Thomas Scott, CSK, Sitka, Alaska
4. E. E. Tucker, Lt.(jg) SC, San Diego, Calif.
5. R. G. Culbertson,...