(4:16 min) (13 of 17) Flying for DGGS pt. 2
As a pilot for Division of Geology and Geodetic Surveys had emergency call to fly in whiteout conditions to get a badly burned man at another station. Flying under 200 ft. elevation so not to miss...
1-14 Accordion style color postcard images with hand-written notes, Voyage between Seattle and Seward.
1. Spencer Glacier Near Seward.
2. Anchorage 3. Curry Hotel. Hand-written note: “Gov’t owned & stop at Kite as trains have no...
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...
[n.d.] The book of Iumek (Old Time) Oct. 15—1917 [30p. est.]
2. Human man changes into stone
3. Beliefs on the images
4. Our songs
5. The sorcerers of the stone age
6. Why the people would not use another’s...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
Audio recording of lecture presented Friday, August 17, 2007: 1) Lecture on Native Cultures and Anthropological work of Dr. De Laguna by Dr. Marie-François Guédon, professor of religious studies at the University of Ottawa; 2) Closing remarks by...
Audio recording of lecture presented Friday, August 17, 2007: 1) Opening Remarks by Gladi Kulp, Head of Historical Collections; 2) Introduction of Paul Jacskon Sr. by James Simard, Curator of Historical Collections; 3) Speech and thanks by Paul...
Front Row - sitting - left to right
1. J. Paul Huff, CSK, Chicago, Illinois
2. Abraham Angel, CSK--Huntington, W Va.
3; John Thomas Scott, CSK, Sitka, Alaska
4. E. E. Tucker, Lt.(jg) SC, San Diego, Calif.
5. R. G. Culbertson,...
Information with photo reads "May 2, 1898, Wrangell." Actually Nome. View of men with horse drawn wagons by waterfront, Nome, Alaska, with tents at right and men unloading freight boats in background. Photographer's number 17. Photographer: O. D....