Title taken from image. Studio portrait of Governor Thomas Riggs. Photograph is heavily degraded with silver rising to the surface. Inscription on photo: To Dr. Daniel S. Neuman who has led me to many an unexplored country peopled by kenuks...
Title from image Two men, dressed in parkas, one riding in sled; full title reads, Dr. D. S. Neuman, government physician, Bureau of Education, N.W. District, Alaska, on medical tour of inspection, Feb. 1916 Photographer's number 579H
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...
[list of stories in back of book - hand-numbered: 109 p.]
1. Em mim kon
2. Ivango’s lost sister
3. Sovek a chief and Se ra nak an orphan
4. Four lost brothers or a big drum
5. Running stick
6. The swan and an...