Caption: "Home coming of a successful whaling season's crew. Each boat that catches a whale, when coming ashore, puts up his own flag to show that he has caught one or more whales for the season. This is my [David Brower's] canoe and crew coming...
Caption: "Each man that catches a whale [has] to give what they call a skin dance. A blanket of skins is stretched like in the picture and held by as many persons can get around it, then a person goes in and is tossed up in the air until he is...
1. [8 sheets double-sided, handwritten:
1. Eskimo Story: The orphan boy
2. The crow and the daylight
3. Some eskimo customs now disappearing
4. The rat
5. The two brothers
2. The Eskimo, v. 2, no. 5 (January 1918): “The Adventures...