The Paul Silook collection includes six journals, two inserts from journal six, and four letters written by Paul Silook to Frederick Zeusler. This collection is organized into two series. Series one consists of four letters written by Paul Silook...
[no list, pages not numbered: 40 p. est.]
01. Why the parents want their daughter to stop school
02. Story of Yaktak (Siberian)
03. Story (Siberian) [Ongazek successful hunter and wife whose boy kid cried]
04. Story (Siberian)...
[hand-numbered: 111p.] [list in back pages is as follows:]
1. Bad man
2. Man and woman seperated
3. How a man can lend his wife
4. Songs of idol
5. One kind of woman worship
6. Trading with the Siberian...
Title from caption. Photograph of two young men identified as Johnnie Fred and Esaias George (standing). Narrative in photo album reads: "Here are Johnnie Fred & Esaias George (standing). Esaias was our favorite boy. He came to school for me...
(2:20 min.) (02 of 12) Toast Mistress Club and the Statehood Issue debating committee; debate -- Statehood issue; rules; politics, religion; appoint a committee to study issue of Statehood; too political -- couldn't study Statehood; Dr. Moberg...
Notes on Kankai Ibun (Voyages around the world)
Made with the assistance of Naoko Hoshino.
Table of contents with summary of each volume
List of illustrations
Vessel Wakamiya-maru leaving Ishimaki, winter of...
1. [1 leaf:] “This is the use the following curios were put to”: 1.) the masks...2.) the small idols... 3.) the idol which part fish and part human 2. [set of writings held together with pin, 8 pages, double-sided; each section varies in...
August 13, 1917 [hand-numbers: 111p.]
[list (in different handwriting) of stories-many of which are less than one page long-- found on p. 111 are not very descriptive, so following titles taken from text:]
01. Tattooing of a...
01. A woman’s adventure’s
02. Moon worship of out tribe
03. Hunting of Iyomik
04. Story (Siberian) [first wife]
05. Story (Siberian) [girl and old woman]
06. Story (Siberian) [only beautiful daughter of chief and orphan...
01. Superstitious Religions on sea-animals
02. The fox
03. The bear
05. The war between Oongazek and Sivookak
06. Story (Oongazek)
07. Story (Sivookak): Anangti, the Omeluk of the Punuk Is.
[Approximately 1/5 of volume is full: 15 p. est.; also contains article by Dr. Neuman as noted below]
01. What the woman wear on their bodies
02. The eclipse of the moon and the sun
03. Belief on when some part of the body...